As the webmaster at Lord Fairfax Community College, Curtiss Grymala was primarily responsible for the development of the College website. As part of this project, he developed an entirely new, custom content management system (CMS) to be used for the website. Some of the many features found on this website include:
- Integration with WordPress as a blogging platform.
- Integration with Gallery2 to display albums of images.
- A completely custom system for generating news releases.
- Integration with Twitter and Facebook, allowing content publishers to quickly and easily share new information on those platforms.
- Multiple Web-based forms ranging in complexity from simple contact forms to full-featured, interactive forms.
- Integration with Google Analytics, allowing content publishers to easily and quickly add campaign-tracking information to specific types of information on the website.
- A completely custom system for publishing front-page announcements and promotional features.
In addition, Curtiss developed many different features and applications for specific instances. Some of the specific features Curtiss developed during his time at LFCC include:
- An interactive landing page for prospective students, allowing visitors to quickly and easily find information about the necessary steps to enroll at LFCC.
- An interactive page for people considering enrolling at LFCC, helping to ensure that they are ready to take the placement tests and attend College courses.
- A fully-interactive, fully-automated system for displaying lists of courses available at LFCC in the upcoming semester(s).
The CMS for the LFCC website was developed throughout the year 2008, and the new website was unveiled in November 2008. Between that time and November 2010, Curtiss continued to actively develop new features for the CMS and new features and applications for the website.
The design for the LFCC website was created by Aaron Riddle, the print and Web communication manager for the College.